It’s been a full on week with making Christmas puddings and preparing other goodies for next month.I’ve found myself with a few ingredients leftover that needed using up.As Kip is allergic to nuts and eggs, he didn’t get to try this slow cooker pecan and apricot bread and butter puddingunfortunately.Me and the girls ate it over a couple of days as it was quite filling.
What you need to know
Write up your slow cooker recipe, there’s a badge to add to your post (get the code from the sidebar) and don’t forget to add the link to this post.Add your link here, I’ll share your recipe on Twitter, FB, G+ and Pinterest.Let others know that you’ve joined the linky by sharing the link to my post and tag me so I can reshare it.
Do take time to visit others who have taken part in the spirit of making friends in the blogger community.
- 6 slices of white bread, buttered and crusts removed
- 25g currants
- 25g sultanas
- 25g dried apricots, chopped
- 15g pecans
- 2 eggs
- 50g caster sugar
- 300ml milk
- Butter a round dish that fits inside the slow cooker pot. Cut the bread into squares.
- Place a layer of bread squares on the bottom and sprinkle with currants.Add a second layer of bread squares and sprinkle with sultanas.The final bread layer with apricots and pecans.
- Beat together the eggs and sugar.
- Heat the milk until hot but don’t bring it to the boil.
- Pour it over the sugar and eggs, stirring well so that the sugar dissolves.
- Strain through a sieve over the pudding, press down carefully with a spoon to make sure the bread soaks up the milk mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and make 2 long ‘straps’ so you can get the pudding out easily after, by by placing them into the slow cooker first .Put 1/4 pint of water into the bottom of the pot and place the pudding dish into the pot.
- Replace the lid and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours.
- As Kip is allergic to egg and nuts he couldn't try the slow cooker bread and butter pudding but me the girls really enjoyed it.I would suggest doubling the recipe if you wanted more portions.
Making this slow cooker pecan and apricot bread and butter pudding was definitely a treat for us.Have you ever tried making puddings in your slow cooker?