Kids Craft Supplies List
I am Maggy from over at Red Ted Art, where I regularly craft with my kids and bring you weekly How To’s. I am very excited to do a little Guest Post for Bug, Bird And Bee.Aly asked whether I could put together a post on “Must have essential kids craft supplies list”. I like to make crafting cheap and cheerful. It shouldn’t cost the earth, so here is what is in MY craft box. I have highlighted in RED, things you “have to” spend money on.
Basics for kids craft supplies list:
1) Paint brush set; cotton wool and cloth pegs; sponges – all for painting with.
2) Poster Paint AND a set of acrylic paints (acrylic paints can be more expensive, so hunt around for special deals or “sets of”. I do prefer them, as they don’t crumble like poster paints do and “rub off hands”; they don’t however wash out of clothes, if you do get some on clothes scrub off immediately)
3) A set of crayons
4) A set of chunky pencils
5) Pencil, sharpener & eraser
6) A fine marker pen (black)
7) Artist bib (for your child) – doesn’t have to be a fancy one – or a set of old clothes!
8) PVA glue
9) Sello tape, masking tape
10) Scissors (child scissors AND adult scissors)
11) Stacks of white paper (my mother in law salvaged a whole box of old header paper at her place of work that was being thrown out. If you are not lucky enough for that, then you can get rolls of paper at IKEA or ELC).
Salvage/ recycle for kids craft supplies list:
Scavenge for kids craft supplies list
Buy optional, but nice to have for kids craft supplies list:
1) More card stock if you can’t scavenge any, in a variety of colours and textures
2) A set of coloured paper
3) Googly eyes
I have yet used these, but I know I will come to one day for kids craft supplies list:
1) Pipe cleaners
2) Paper plates (though I often used normal paper
3) Lollipop sticks (though I often used normal sticks)
For Mummy’s crafts, I have things like for kids craft supplies list:
2) Needle and thread
3) Air drying clay
4) Bias binding
5) Wonderweb (no sew crafts!)
8) Some “nice” fabric
This feels like an awfully long kids craft supplies list, I hope it doesn’t put you off, but basically makes you realise, that the basics, really are basic! (Paint, Paper, Scissors, Glue) and that you can recycle and salvage and enormous amount and that the things you do buy, don’t have to cost an arm and a leg!
I hope this has been helpful!! Do go and get crafty!!!
Wow! That is an excellent list of kids craft supplies list, thanks Maggy.Here are a few of my crafty extras
- old tooth brushes can be used for splatter painting
- plastic forks and spoons can glued on to cardboard etc or for printing
- wrapping paper/ bags you get given with presents
- cotton reels
- old candles
- glass jars
- metal bottle tops
- yoghurt pots
I hope this inspires you to give crafting with your kids a go.