Last Wednesday I attended a PR event at Be At One Bristol cocktail bar.As a single mum who doesn’t get the opportunity to get out and meet new people, I was a bit nervous about going.This didn’t last long.I was shown to an area at the back of the Be At One bar, where I had to climb my way up a tall bar stool to sit.Only a few minutes later I was joined by Euella and Alexie from Bristol’s online youth magazine Rife and Euella’s boyfriend Marshall.
We collected our first cocktail from the bar and got chatting before we got stuck in with the fun and games.After an introduction from the Be At One bar manager, we then were told we had to come up with a team name.This took a while to decide on but we agreed on my suggestion of Shaken Not Stirred.We kicked off with a quiz, of which Marshall became into his own, answering drink-related questions throughout the evening, mixed in with games including the longest cocktail shake standing on one leg.
I had from the new cocktail menu, Kiss From A Rosé cocktail (Hayman’s gin, rosé wine, strawberry and cucumber, pomegranate and Fever-Tree elderflower tonic).Shoreditch Sangaria (Hayman’s Sloe gin, Malbec wine, pomegranate & spiced pear, orange, blackberry and Angostura bitters).My third cocktail was one we made together.
We were given 3 shots of different fruit juices, a choice of unknown alcohol (much discussion on what we chose but later found out it was vodka), blue curacao and finally our decorations.We then named our cocktail Fruitopia.Once we had made our cocktails we had to load them up on Instagram and hashtag our photo with Be At One’s #LifeIsWhatYouMixIt.More quiz questions came and next, we chose one person to have a cocktail based on their personality.My team members very kindly chose me.I came back with something short and sweet with gin.I asked the bartender what it called twice but I didn’t catch what it was.It was delicious nevertheless.At this point, we had been steaming ahead on the quiz questions and challenges.But we came unstuck on the Be At One Instagram challenge.Our photos didn’t get enough likes and I had failed to take a selfie with my photo, I took a photo of the drink on its own.
My team members went ahead and drank a fifth cocktail, I decided to stop as I had a thirty-minute walk back to Bristol Templemeads station from Be At One then I had to get back to Chippenham.It was a fabulous night of fun, thanks to my lovely teammates and the flowing of tasty cocktails.
More about Be At One Bristol
- Be At One is a chain of cocktail bars.
- It has a strict no under 18s policy.
- It has disabled access.
- Prices range from £4.00 for non-alcoholic cocktails & between £6.60 to £10.60 for the alcoholic cocktails. House spirit mixers are between £3.80 & £6.00 for a single & between £7.00 & £11.00 for a double – to have Red Bull as a mixer will cost approximately £2 more. We served bottled beer and a range of wine, Prosecco & Champagne which can be found at the back of our menu. The beer we stock is always changing so is not in the menu but will range in price from £3.90 – £5.00
- Download the Be At One app Choose your own happy hour and enjoy a cocktail for £5
- Some cocktails may contain allergens. Please inform your bartender of any dietary restrictions or ask to see our full allergens list.
- Be At One is doing their part to help the environment.All straws are made from ‘corn plastic’ –fully compostable and biodegrade in 8 weeks.
I was invited along to Be At One in Bristol to sample their new cocktail menu.I paid for my own travel from Chippenham to Bristol and back.
Enjoyed this post? Please consider sharing it on your favourite social media platform.
You may also like At-Bristol Science Learning Centre