The Liebster Award
Tattooed Mummy tagged me in The Liebster Award, it made me feel very nostalgic.The Liebster Award was one of the first internet awards I got, as it’s given to other bloggers by bloggers to help with their exposure on the internet.Back when I first started blogging 8 and 1/2 years ago, the only way I found new blogs to read back then, was by being nominated a blog award by other bloggers.This was before blogging network awards and social media overtook what blogging was about, reading blogs and finding out about people.
1.What is your favourite movie?
I have a big love for sci-fi and fantasy films, of which there are too many to choose from.We tend to watch film franchises like Star Wars, Lord Of The Rings, The Hobbit, new Star Trek, X-Men, Marvel/DC, Jurassic Park, Planet of the Apes but my most favourite is the Harry Potter films.
2.What is your least favourite food?
Baby corn, mange tout, water chestnuts (not good when ordering Chinese takeaway) and Brussel sprouts.As a mostly vegan (I can’t give up cheese), meat would be my most least favourite food.
3.If you had to choose only one social media to use for the rest of your life which one would you pick?
Oh that is the worse question you could ever ask me.Each social media platform has it’s good points but I guess Facebook as you can chat, share photos and videos, go live, share gifs etc.It’s where I spend the most time as I family and real friends on there.
4.Why did you start a blog?
Family gatherings with my 3 kids and the ex husband and my brother and his 3 kids and then wife, along with other family members became very full on, which we meant we’d often miss news or forget to share something important.9 years ago, I was the only one of my family who was on Facebook.Starting a blog was the only solution.
And is that still why you blog?
Nope.They very rarely read it, even if I sent them a link via e-mail.Eventually they all began using Facebook and my blog had evolved into something different.Divulging my daily dairy was obviously a bit boring for those who didn’t know me, so I kept that to Facebook.When I deleted my old blog and started this one, I decided to focus on evergreen content rather that daily ramblings no one wants to read.
5.Are you a happy person?
I think so.Not much keeps me down for long.
6.Can you sing?
Nope but it doesn’t stop me.
7.Which country that you have never visited would you most like to?
Canada.I always wanted to settle there, marry a Mounty and live in a log cabin.
8.What do you do to relax?
Listen to Spotify (of which I’m addicted to making stupidly long playlists) whilst reading, knitting or crocheting.I’ve started the Hydrangea blanket by Attic 24
9.Do you always take off your makeup at the end of the day?
Yes.Otherwise I get spots and if I get up late/rushed, I’ll look like that I have been out on the town.
10.When was the last time you painted your nails, and what colour were they?
Back in September last year for the MAD blog Award finals.It was grey/blue colour.I always mean to paint them each week but never do.
11.Which book(s) are reading at the moment and are they paper or digital?
Irresistible:The Rise of Addictive Technology and the Business of Keeping Us Hooked by Adam Alter.A hardback book which goes through various addictions like gaming, drugs, alcohol and finally social media.Dipping in and out of that as I started The State of Grace by Rachael Lucas in paper back.
11 random things about me
- I was a Red Cross cadet from the age of 11 to 14.
- I actually wanted to join the majorettes.
- I hate the sight of blood and operations.
- I have clown fear.
- Also doll fear, the creepy kind in horror movies.
- I have never been to Ikea.
- A friend I went to school with is Zoella’s cousin.
- My shoe size is 3 and 1/2.
- I started to collect He-man figures from the 80’s.I don’t have He-Man or Skeletor.
- I don’t know what my type blood is.
- I haven’t had my natural hair colour for 13 years.
The Liebster Award
And so now I need to nominate other bloggers I love to take part, and so I pick:
Catherine of Battlemum
Sharon of Teen Tween Toddler
Vicky of The Motherhood
Pippa of A Mother’s Ramblings
March of Mrs.Teepot
And they have to answer my 11 questions, which are:
- What was your favourite childhood book and why?
- Could you live in a log cabin for a month with no wifi? How would you spend your time?
- When was the last time you had a takeaway? What did you order?
- Who was your best friend growing up? Are you still in touch?
- What song would give you earworm for the rest of the day?
- If you were a type of dance what would you be?
- Snog, marry or avoid- Benedict Cumberbatch, Idris Elba and Tom Hardy.
- Where is the furthest place you have traveled to?
- What would be on your epitaph?
- If you were a political leader, what would be your manifesto?
- What’s on your bedside table?
These are the Liebster Award rules:
Thank the person who nominated you – and display your Liebster award with pride
Answer the eleven questions put to you by the person who nominated you
List 11 random facts about yourself
Nominate and link to other bloggers that you think are deserving of this award
Give them 11 questions to answer and let them know they’ve been nominated!
I look forward to reading other bloggers answers.