It’s been a mix of weather this week, from rain and high winds, sleet and now just above freezing temperatures.Even though the Crocuses and Snowdrops are blooming, Spring is a long way off and this means more mouth-watering meals in my slow cooker.This week we have had this tasty slow cooker mango and coconut rice pudding, as Veganuary has now come to an end, I’m still trying to eat a lot less dairy and honey in order to stay on a Vegan diet.The use of coconut milk in this recipe might not be likened by everyone, try using oat or almond milk instead.You can use tinned mangoes if you wish instead of fussing with slicing up fresh ones.
For those of you who blog their slow cooker recipes, it’s the height of the slow cooker season.If you have a recipe that you want more exposure, link up your recipe below.It doesn’t have to be a new one, old published slow cooker recipes are welcome.Don’t worry if yours isn’t vegetarian or vegan, I welcome them all.
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 280g (1 1/2 cups) short grain pudding rice (or Arborio)
- 392g/14 oz (1 can) light coconut milk
- 355ml non-dairy milk, plus more if it becomes a bit dry
- 100g (1/2 cup) sugar or 120ml maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/2 vanilla pod or 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Oil the ceramic pot slow cooker.
- Add everything into the pot and cook on high for 1 1/2 -2 hours.
- Add a little more non-dairy milk if the mixture becomes too dry or isn’t creamy enough.