I am always amazed on how versatile slow cookers are, from stews, to puddings, cakes and yes…. slow cooker fudge! I originally found this recipe via Pinterest over a year ago.Being the recipe is American I’ve done some conversion magic and I’ve changed some of the ingredients.
So here it is.
- 450g of vegan dark chocolate broken into pieces.
- 118ml of coconut milk
- 118ml clear honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- A dash of rock salt
- 1 teaspoon or to taste of dark rum
- Switch the slow cooker onto to LOW.Add the chocolate pieces and pour in the coconut milk and honey.Add the salt.Stir well and cover for two hours.
- Turn off the slow cooker.Uncover and stir in the coconut oil and
- rum and leave to cool for an hour.
- Beat the mixture for 10 minutes.
- Grease and line a small lasagna dish or whatever you would usually use for tray bakes.Pour in the fudge and place into the fridge for 4 hours.Remove the slow cooker fudge from the dish you’ve used and cut into 30 pieces.
Now go and dust off that slow cooker!